NextEra Energy Resources has submitted an application to construct a major electric generating facility, the Eight Point Wind Energy Center, under Article 10 of the Public Service Law.
As required by 16 NYCRR § 1000.4, the Eight Point Wind Energy Center Public Involvement Program includes the following elements:
- consultation with the affected agencies and other stakeholders;
- pre-application activities to encourage stakeholders to participate at the earliest opportunity;
- activities designed to educate the public as to the specific proposal and the Article 10 review process, including the availability of funding for municipal and local parties;
- the establishment of a website to disseminate information to the public;
- notifications; and
- activities designed to encourage participation by stakeholders in the certification and compliance process.
Additional information on Article 10 of the Public Service Law can be found at the following links:
In support of NextEra Energy Resources’ efforts to inform local stakeholders and provide information related to the Public Involvement Plan, this website includes information on:
- A summary of Article 10 Intervenor Funding Process
- A Public Involvement Plan Tracking Report
- A chart outlining the financial interest of municipal officers/employees or relatives in agreements with Eight Point Wind, LLC
- Access to project publications and educational materials
- Instructions on how to join the project’s stakeholder list
While all information pertaining to the Project will be continually updated via the Project website, Eight Point Wind, LLC will maintain hard copies of the PIP, the PSS, and the Article 10 Application, as well as assorted Project outreach materials, at the following locations for those stakeholders who may not have access to the website, or prefer to review hard copies:
- Herrick Memorial Library, 1 Saxon Drive, Alfred NY 14802
- Canisteo Town Hall, 6 South Main Street, Canisteo NY
- Greenwood Town Hall, 2696 Main Street, Greenwood, NY
- Hartsville Town Hall, 5150 Purdy Creek Road, Hornell, NY
- Hornellsville Town Hall, 4 Park Avenue, Arkport NY
- Jasper Town Hall, 3807 Preacher Road, Jasper, NY
- Troupsburg Town Hall, 873 Main Street, Troupsburg, NY
- West Union Town Hall, 3128 NYS Route 248, Rexville, NY
- Jasper Free Library, 3807 Library Street, Jasper, NY 14855
- Wimodaughsian Free Library, 19 West Main Street, Canisteo, NY 14823
- City of Hornell Public Library, 64 Genesee Street, Hornell, NY 14843
The transmission line interconnecting the Eight Point Wind Energy Center to the substation in Hornellsville falls within the Article VII regulations.
Article VII is separate from the Article 10 process which applies to the generation portion of the Eight Point Wind Energy Center. The two review processes will run in parallel.